How can I increase my followers? What are some ways to engage with my community? Is there a better way to organize my social media channels and save more time?
A few of our team members came together to discuss Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest best practices to answer these questions. We were hearing similar challenges from our sellers and affiliates about these social media channels and wanted to give you the tools to boost your social media skills through this one hour webinar recording.
If you are short on time, below are the key takeaways:
How can you use Twitter to find new customers, engage with your community and get feedback to improve your business?
- 310M monthly active users, as well as 500 million users a month that don’t ever log in
- Fun Fact: 83% of world leaders have a Twitter account
- Never just add media for the sake of boosting engagement, make sure it is relevant to your message!
- Listen: Use the Twitter search to follow any query, such as your brand, your products, or trends that you’re interested in.
- Maintain a good following/follower ratio. Your account will seem spammy if you’re following way more people than are following you.
- Be active! If Facebook is an ocean of information, then Twitter is a river. Everyone’s timeline is semi-chronological, so the more you tweet the more you show up.
- Cross-link your social media accounts. All of your social media accounts should work with each other to promote yourself. One example is promoting an upcoming Twitter Q&A on Facebook.
- Watch your followers. If any high-value (high follower) accounts follow you, make sure to check them out and if they’re interesting to you and your brand, follow them back and send them a tweet!
How can you use authentic photos and videos to help your business tell a visually compelling story?
- Instagram has a community of over 500 million members
- Ask yourself what you are trying to achieve – What do you want people to do? Who are you trying to reach? What do you want to say to them? How do you want to say it?
- Create a theme for your account by choosing one or two filters you use consistently. You are creating a brand and color can increase brand recognition by 80%!
- Create a posting schedule and stick to it.
- Engage with your community – follow others, like, comment, and respond.
- Have a call to action in your posts! For example, ask questions to your audience, ask them to tag their besties, ask customers to tag you if they photograph your product.
- Find the right hashtags by looking at other sellers/influencers and target customers with large followings to see what hashtags they are using.
- Run contests and make your followers follow, like, and tag others.
- Collaborate with other sellers or partners by posting each other’s photos and crediting each other.
How can you use visual inspiration and ideas to create community and value for your business?
- 176 million active users; 2 billion monthly searches
- 93% of Pinners made online purchases in the past 6 months
Tips: (read more in depth information here)
- Images should be 2:3 or 4:5 ratio.
- Keywords: Use SEO-friendly keywords in description/
- Make your images easy to share. Add Pin-It button to your blog!
- Share things other than just your products. Users want to see your personality too.
- Consistency: Find a pace that works for you and stick to it (Schedulers are great tools to help with this!)
- Ways to “brand” your pins: Add your logo, use consistent colors, use similar style (like the banners here), and use similar fonts.
You can read even more social media tips here.
How do you use Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest? What are some of the tools you like to use? We’d love to hear any tips that you’ve seen work well and welcome any social media questions!
Stay connected to the Educents community.
Was this post helpful to you? Share it!