FAQs for the New Shipping Policy
Does the “United States” region include Hawaii and Alaska?
- Currently, the United States region includes the contiguous states as well as military addresses. If you want to add a different price for Alaska and/or Hawaii, you may do so by clicking on the question “Different rates for Alaska & Hawaii”
Do I have to add prices for Hawaii/Alaska, Canada, and Everywhere Else?
- No, you do not. If you do not ship to these locations, be sure the boxes in front of those regions are unchecked and do not fill in a price for shipping.
Does “shipping as an additional item” mean an additional item sold by me or another seller?
- Shipping as an additional item means that you are shipping that customer more than one product, which may or may not be the same item. The “additional item” will be the least expensive item that customer purchased. Remember, you are in charge of setting the shipping prices.
- If you sell a piano for $500 on our site and it costs you $20 to ship that item to the US, you can now add the shipping cost to that product (rather than needing to adjust the price of the piano to offset any shipping costs that were previously not reimbursed).
- If you sell a pack of pencils for $2.00 and it costs you $1.00 to ship it, you can now change that price, which will make customers more likely to purchase that product.
- If you sell 2 packs of pencils and you know you can fit them in the same box, you could set the shipping price for the first item to be $1.00 and the cost to ship the second item to be $0.50 for a total shipping charge of $1.50. Again, customers will be happy about saving on shipping.
- If you sell the pencil and the piano to the same person, you would get the $20 to ship the piano (the most expensive item) and $0.50 to ship the pencils (they would be counted as the second item).
- If you sell a pack of pencils and another seller sells a box of erasers, you will still be paid your set first item price ($1.00 in the example above) and the other seller will get paid their set first item price.
Does “shipping as an additional item” mean an additional item that is the same SKU or any item sold by me?
- See answer above
Do I have to enter a price for shipping as an additional item? What happens if I leave it blank?
- No, if your shipping rates are the same no matter how many products you ship, you can enter that same number again or leave it blank. If the additional item spot is left blank, by default, customers will be charged the same price as the first item that was shipped.
Can I make the shipping price for the 2nd item free?
- Yes! You can add a shipping price for the first item and then add a zero as the shipping price for additional items.
How do I save my changes?
- Once you have added or updated your shipping prices, be sure to click the Save & Continue button inside the Shipping tab. Then, you will need to click the publish button on the right in order for your changes to go into effect.
Can I make my shipping policy standard across all of my products?
- We currently don’t have an option to update your shipping policy across all products at one time. If you are changing your shipping costs for the customer, you will need to update products individually at this time.
When do these changes take place?
- June 26th, 2017 (however, you will be able to update your prices beginning next week).
If I mark my items with free shipping, do I still have to enter a shipping price?
- No, however, you have the option to input prices for Alaska & Hawaii since they are not part of the free shipping automatically.
How will customers know my shipping policy?
- The customer will see the shipping prices within the cart / checkout page. The plan is to eventually add this to the product pages as well.
Why is Educents making this change?
- We want to give sellers the ultimate control over their pricing, including their shipping costs. Now, you can choose exactly how much each customer will pay to receive your item.
If I don’t make the changes myself, what will happen?
- First item: $4.00
- Additional items: $2.00
- Hawaii and Alaska
- First item: $4.00
- Additional items: $2.00
- First item: $25
- Additional items: $12.50
- Everywhere Else
- First item: $50
- Additional items: $25
How should I choose a shipping price or do you have recommendations for shipping charges?
- We know that each seller has different needs, so we know your needs may be different than others. Therefore, we are leaving it to your discretion to choose a price that works for you and your company.
How will I see how I was paid for shipping?
- You will be able to see all earnings under the Earnings tab in your dashboard. For a more complete list of each order and what you will earn for each order, you can download a csv file under the Orders tab.