We’ve recently partnered with Jill Salzman from The Founding Moms on a three part webinar series to gear up for the holiday season. The purpose of this series is to equip you with marketing and business best practices, allow you to share ideas, and connect you with others from the Educents seller & affiliate community. Thanks to those who participated in Part 1! If you weren’t able to join, below are the key takeaways and a recorded copy.
In part 1 we covered high-level reasons to market your business:
- Building awareness
- Demonstrating expertise
- Growing trust
Social media platforms are some of the most powerful platforms for brands! Choose a few social media platforms to focus on to grow your audience, and share quality images and information to gain exposure, demonstrate expertise, and build trust with your audience. (Remember: Trust = Reliable + Delightful). While posts don’t always lead to an immediate sale, social media is a crucial component of your marketing mix.
Tools to Create Compelling Images
- Canva – Free desktop app to create graphics and add text to images for specific social media sizes, such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and more.
- Phonto – Free smartphone app for adding text to images. Create unique graphics for social media.
- Pen and Paper – App that makes your mobile device a drawing board.
- Images – As a rule of thumb, use the highest resolution (size) images you can when creating online media. Good lighting and simple images let audience members
Tools to Schedule & Track Activity
- ClickToTweet – Use this platform to create tweetable content and track the reach your audience shares.
- Hootesuite – Plan out social media posts from one dashboard, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and more.
Tap your network to share about your business, and ask current or past customers for reviews. Don’t be afraid to ask, and make it easy for people to share by writing up posts for them and hyperlinking your email. The more you ask and the easier you make it to help out, the more you’ll receive.
Tool for Outreach:
- Contactually – Use this email template generator to start your drafts to colleagues, customers and friends.
If you can commit, having a regular newsletter to share valuable information surrounding your business is a great way to gain exposure, demonstrate your expertise, and grow your top line.
Tool to Start your Newsletter
- MadMimi – email newsletter platform for list growth and tracking. Free for up to 100 contacts.
Lastly, congrats to the winner of the one-month subscription of the Founding Moms Community… Lisa Marie Fletcher of The Canadian Homeschool!
Stay in tune for key takeaways and a recorded copy of our most recent webinar Part 2, Focusing on your Brand and make sure to register for Part 3, Focusing on your Brand on Saturday, September 24th at 11am CT. You can also discover more business growth resources by our host, Jill Salzman, by visiting The Founding Moms.